William A. Stock (Bill) is one of the country’s leading immigration lawyers. A founding member of Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP, he has practiced immigration law exclusively since 1993. His clients include small businesses, medium sized companies, and multinational corporations and their employees, as well as many individual clients.
His practice focuses on:
- The representation of multinational and domestic corporations, their employees and private individuals in business immigration matters before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the U.S. Department of Labor, and at U.S. Consulates;
- Representing companies and individuals in immigration-related administrative and federal court litigation, including defense of enforcement actions, consequences of criminal convictions and marital dissolution, and federal court review of agency actions; and
- Consultation and outreach services to community and foreign student organizations and to attorneys.
Bill serves as President-Elect on the Executive Committee of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the 14,000 member national organization of immigration lawyers. He has long been active in the association on both a national and state level and has served several terms on the Association’s Board of Governors. In 2000, he received the Association’s Joseph Minsky Award for outstanding accomplishments in immigration law.
Bill is a Senior Editor of AILA’s annual Immigration & Nationality Law Handbook, and is the co-author of the “J Visa Guidebook” from Lexis Publishing. He was an Adjunct Professor at the Villanova University School of Law. He has been included since 2004 in Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/ White Inc.); since 2006 in Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers and Partners), Who’s Who in American Law, and The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers. Bill is also featured as a 20 top practitioner in the area of Immigration Law by Lawdragon.
A summa cum laude graduate of the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN), (B.A.1990), he received his law degree from the University of Minnesota (J.D., magna cum laude, 1993).
- Leading representation of Fortune-50 level companies in developing immigration policy, hiring foreign nationals on temporary visas, and administering a permanent residence process to meet talent acquisition and pipeline needs in information technology, business analytics, and marketing areas;
- Assisting a top-10 pharmaceutical client in relocating an entire research group from the UK to the U.S., including traveling to the UK to meet with the members of the group to review their immigration issues so that they agreed to the international transfer;
- Representation of another top-10 pharmaceutical firm in obtaining permanent residence on behalf of its scientists, managers and key professional staff, and assisting in developing immigration policy to meet the firm’s needs within budgetary constraints;
- Staffing the in-house immigration function on behalf of an institutional client on two occasions for six and nine months, respectively; and
- Successfully challenging and invalidating a USCIS regulation that went beyond the Service’s statutory authority in the federal courts, resulting in the precedent decision Shalom Pentecostal Church v. Acting Secretary of Homeland Security (3d Cir. 2015).
- Information Technology
- Medical Community (Physicians, Physicians Groups)
- Scientific Community (Researchers, Scientists)
- Research Institutions
Latest Articles by
William A. Stock
Latest Blog Posts by
William A. Stock