This one-hour CLE will address some of the issues with the EB-5 Program, including:
- Introduction to the EB-5 program and the three stage process for obtaining permanent residence
- Documenting the Investor’s lawful source and path of funds
- Investment amount and Targeted Employment Areas
- What qualifies as an investment
- Direct investment vs investment through a regional center
- Introduction to calculating jobs with an economic model
- EB-5 deal structure — aggregating EB-5 investment funds to fund larger deals
- Condition removal — obtaining a permanent green card
- China issues — the visa backlog and what it means for the investor and the project
- Current adjudication trends
Jenkins Law Library, an accredited provider under the Pennsylvania CLE Board’s Rules, will serve as the CLE provider for this course. The course has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.0 hour of CLE credit in substantive law, practice and procedure.
This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.0 hour of total CLE credit.