Event Date: Jan 14, 2020
Litigation Literacy: Options for Universities, Hospitals, and Research Institutions
Universities, hospitals, and research institutions face unique challenges when managing immigration issues for international students and exchange visitors. The current immigration environment has produced unprecedented delays, denials, and restrictive policies, which have adversely affected student enrollment. When it seems as if there are no options available, there is still one to consider: litigation.
- Mandamus to expedite Employment Authorization Document (EAD) adjudications
- H-1B litigation
- Ramifications of unlawful presence litigation
- Litigation challenging OPT/CPT denials
- Types of cases with high success rates
- Issues of publicity and retaliation
- Fixed feed and alternative legal fee arrangements
- Recent success stories
To download the presentation from this webinar, click here.