Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP, a nationally ranked top tier immigration law firm, with a growing practice, has an opening for a Legal Assistant in our Philadelphia office.
The Legal Assistant supports the paralegals, account managers and associates. Enhances team effectiveness by developing and tracking information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Keeps clients organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; setting deadline reminders; documenting actions; inputting information into immigration database and spreadsheets.
- Download and print intake documents.
- Ensure timely assignment of cases to attorney and paralegal staff.
- Prepare immigration forms and transmit to client
- Prepare immigration filings and submit to appropriate government agency.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating progress.
- Responsible for scanning, saving and organizing client documents and information.
- Update and send daily/weekly charts for clients, as applicable.
- Prepare and track New Matter Sheets, Engagement letters, and Dummy invoices.
- Research engagement/billing information.
- Update engagement letter templates, when necessary.
- Coordinate and prepare reports in immigration database and Excel.
- Scan/Save/Log receipts, approvals, RFE’s, NOIDs, communicate these updates to clients, input this information into case tracking system.
- Accomplishes firm goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and ShareFile)
- Able to multi-task while showing great attention to detail
- Ability to deal with changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- 1-2 years related experience/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working under strict deadlines
Klasko Immigration Law Partners, LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
If you are interested in working on challenging cases at the cutting edge of immigration law, please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com.