Event Date: Apr 19, 2017
Klasko 2017 Annual Spring Seminar
KLASKO, Your Immigration Trump Card
A new administration usually means new changes, new interpretations, and new guidance on the law. The rumored, proposed and implemented changes from the new administration have caused concern among those we work with about how their lives and careers will be affected. Our annual gathering comes as we prepare to deal with an administration filled with energized anti-immigration activists, who hope to finally find an audience for their prescription of immigration limits as a cure for America’s ills.
The lawyers, paralegals and staff at Klasko Immigration Law Partners have seen times like this before. Whether advocating against restrictions on legal immigration in 1996, working with clients in the “culture of no” in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks, or helping employers deal with the wave of employer investigations in the mid-2000’s, we have always been there for our clients to help them and their employees understand the legal and regulatory environment, to plan for their success, and to advocate for them before the government.
Please join us for important updates on new regulations, proposed changes to immigration laws and rules, and practical guidance to deal with and overcome these challenges.
Click here to view e-mail invitation. Please RSVP by Thursday, April 13, 2017.
Who should attend?
- Corporate and University Counsel
- Hospital Immigration Coordinators
- Human Resources Representatives
- International Chamber of Commerce Members
- International Relocation Specialists
- University DSOs/FSAs
- Fundamentals of Immigration Law*
- Hot Topics
- Legislation, Regulations, Executive Orders and Policy Changes: What to Expect
- How to Prepare for Site Visits, Audits and Raids
- Today’s Adjudication Environment: Processing trends At USCIS Service Centers in Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Cases
- Advising International Students and Scholars in the New Environment
- Managing International Employees in the New Environment
- Understanding the Nonimmigrant Provisions of the January 2017 Regulations
- Understanding the Immigrant Provisions of the January 2017 Regulations
- New Developments in Employment Authorization and in the I-9 Process
*Fundamentals of Immigration Law is a special session offered this year from 8:30 – 9:15 am.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch buffet will be provided.
Registration and Breakfast
8:00 am – 9:30 am
Fundamentals of Immigration Law
8:30 am – 9:15 am
9:30 pm – 1:00 pm
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
There is no cost for this seminar, however, please RSVP by Thursday, April 13.
Click here for directions to The Union League.