Event Date: Dec 08 - 09, 2017
2017 AILA EB-5 Investors Summit
Three partners from Klasko Immigration Law Partners will be speaking at the 2017 AILA EB-5 Investors Summit. The summit is taking place in Las Vegas, NV from December 8-9, 2017.
The 2017 AILA EB-5 Investors Summit is designed for both entry-level and seasoned EB-5 practitioners and professionals. Cutting-edge issues will be addressed through in-depth panel discussions featuring experts in immigration, securities, and business law, highly respected economists, and other well-regarded professionals in the industry. The conference program emphasizes legal and policy analysis, compliance, due diligence, enforcement, and ethical considerations, so that attorneys will be able to identify and provide counsel on EB-5 ineligibility matters, devise strategies to help their regional center or investor clients navigate complex legal and business issues, and respond effectively to USCIS or other government challenges.
Ron Klasko will be discussion leader for the panel entitled “Representing Clients in Failed or Fraudulent Projects”. Daniel Lundy will also serve as discussion leader for “Regional Center Investments: Understanding the Deal and the Capital Stack”. Anu Nair will participate on the panel entitled “Advanced Source of Funds and Path of Funds Issues”. See the full descriptions for each panel below.
REPRESENTING CLIENTS IN FAILED OR FRAUDULENT PROJECTS
All hope is not lost when an EB-5 investor invests in a failed or fraudulent project. Panelists will navigate the legal
process of a failed or fraudulent project, and devise creative legal strategies to help honest investors achieve their
- The Roles of the SEC and the Court-Appointed Receiver
- The Role of Immigration Counsel
- Legal Strategies in Bankrupt, Changed, or Fraudulent Projects
- Meeting Sustainment and Job Creation Requirements in Failed Projects
- The Impact of a Regional Center Termination
- Litigation Strategies and Removal Defense
REGIONAL CENTER INVESTMENTS: UNDERSTANDING THE DEAL AND THE CAPITAL STACK
Whether you are the attorney structuring the offering or the attorney representing a foreign national investing in the
project, understanding the diverse considerations in typical EB-5 deals is critical to competently representing your client.
Panelists will illuminate the interplay between complex business, financial, securities, and EB-5 requirements.
- What Are the Roles of the Regional Center and NCE?
- What Are the Differences Between Loan and Equity Project Models?
- What Is the Typical Capital Stack? Where Does EB-5 Money Factor into the Equation?
- How Is the Escrow Typically Structured?
- What Are the Additional Issues to Consider If There Are Multiple NCEs Developing One Large
ADVANCED SOURCE OF FUNDS AND PATH OF FUNDS ISSUES
Experienced practitioners will offer helpful insights on documenting an investor’s lawful source of funds, tackling
complex path of funds issues, and successfully responding to common concerns raised by USCIS in a request for
evidence (RFE) or notice to intent to deny (NOID).
- Overview of Source of Funds Requirement and General Tips for Proving Lawful Source of
- Review of Common Sources of Funds and Practical Guidance on Successful Documentary
Evidence, Including Use of Loan Proceeds
- Recent Challenges by USCIS: RFEs, NOIDS, and In-Country Audits
- Country-Specific Issues (E.g., Document Availability, Currency Exchange Issues, Etc.)
For full conference and registration information, please click here.